After a very quick prototype in DBP, I moved swiftly onto making the official integratable prototype for the main engine, which took about two hours. I then tested the module in the main engine, which worked almost immediately.
I then set about creating scripts for collecting ammo, health and weapons. Then player win zones and checkpoint trigger zones. It got to 6:45PM, my clocking off time, and I was just short of getting Checkpoints to work.
The great news is that the integration went very smoothly. Thanks to the DBP LUA plugin I could dive straight into the engine side of things and get stuff working. As you can see in the shots above, the script is very nice and readable, and you might start to pick out how you yourself might start coding some game logic.
Plenty more to do on Wednesday, with more scripts, more actions for sound effects, music, video playback (maybe) and of course clean up the source code to remove all traces of the old FPI system and entity members. I also need to build an internal test version on Wednesday as well so we have a few clear days of testing before the final release on the 17th.
The bottom line, and the grand finale of this blog post is that when you get your mittens on the ALPHA CASCADE version, you will be able to start writing LUA scripts and attaching them to your entities - hurray!
No walky today, but made a small bonfire and burned some cardboard, so that was fun! Pretty much the rest of the day given over to LUA scripting as above, it was an important and very serious bit of early work. No play today!