Another good day, filled with a notable success. Not only have more fine tweaks gone in, but the best news of the day is that we managed to locate and plug a 40MB leak, which happened each time you click TEST GAME. It basically means your editing sessions got substantially longer!
As the monsters lurking inside the engine begin to get thinned out, we start to catch a glimpse of the game creator we all want. I am now assigning the whole team the challenge of locating and eradicating any remaining memory leaks over a double of Kb. Anything smaller will not harm you, but we will eventually get to them all, so we are focusing on the ones that cause your system memory to run out.
The internal plan is to release something next week, but this is not confirmed and it all depends on the results of the larger internal test we are conducting on the new version. We realize you have been very patient, and so we want to give you something worthwhile (and hopefully worth the wait).
My trilogy of coders are getting 'very' familiar with the whole engine, from the IDE, the DBP code through to the C++ modules that make it fast. We're almost at the point where anyone can jump in and code any part, which makes for a devastating core team on Reloaded. I am personally looking forward to the post BETA development when we get to have fun with LUA and AI, but focus will remain on this version and the mission is to ensure it's a solid and reliable version you can continue to create your levels with while we work on the logic side of things for you.