In order to really understand what is happening out there in the real world, I have added some new debugging tools into the engine executables including the ability to switch off chunks of the engine to see which parts are causing the highest slowdowns. I have also added some extra information in there such as the graphics card name, the DirectX version and the DirectX Refresh Rate being used to control the VSYNC interval.
It's been solid tweak and test all day, and a good deal of time in the internal forum understanding exactly what is happening on the testers hardware. I have roughly half the testers up to 60 fps under certain conditions and I am working on the other half. Hardware ranges from cards that score just 450 points on the GPU up to 5000! We have yet to decide what the minimum threshold should be for GPU power. I am also starting to collect CPU power scores as well, which might play a role in my performance analysis.
I have also recommended the internal coding team download and start learning the latest NVIDIA NSIGHT debugging tool which will help us drill down into the very heart of the engine to discover those hidden gremlins. As you can see, it's all performance work today :)