Today was officially "make the demo work nice" day, but I decided to do one last performance tweak before I started on the main purpose of the day, which was to replace all the GetParameterByName function calls with pre-searched handles for all shader constant calls. Turns out this little pearl moved by frame rate from 78fps to 90fps. Another small win for the performance camp!
My main mission was to get the lightmapping baked and working in a fast new version of The Escape demo. Of course it's never plain sailing and I am getting double-object flicker and completely black objects appearing where there should be nicely baked visuals. Determined to stay here until a solution has been found, but with a little luck and plenty of determination, I will get there.
Big meeting day tomorrow so once the demo is up and running, going to sort out the rest of the bit tasks, clean the office a little and try to get an early night. This plan all depends on some fast work now..so I think it's time for less blog and more code! Will report on the meeting highlights on Wednesday.