Friday 6 September 2013

Friday Heights

'Highest' 'Users' 'Ever'

That's right, my blog received the highest readership ever yesterday at 950 sets of eyeballs :)  Quite pleased about that for some reason.  Anyhoo, the news of the day is that I managed to integrate the terrain editor into the IDE today and thanks to my painstaking diligence of preparing the modules ahead of time for seamless integration, it dropped in smooth as silk. Naturally I had to connect up a few power cables, but apart from that, it did the job.

Due to our new policy of not showing anything crude and unusual, there will be no shot of the combined IDE and terrain editor as the toolbar icons are a compete mess thanks to my tinkering and the rest of the IDE is in limbo.  I can report that I have tied the menu items and toolbar buttons to the shortcut keys and now a new terrain mode can be controlled like any other IDE feature. Saving and loading is not in, and that will be my task on my return.

Return From Where

Did I not mention?  I am flying out to San Francisco for the Intel Developer Forum conference on Sunday and not returning for a whole week. This is my last recharge before I dash to the finish line for the October release, and beyond that the Christmas version.

I will be attending a few lectures, meeting some friends and spending the best part of four days talking shop with fellow developers.  If any of you are also going to IDF, you are welcome to join me for a beer or two, and I will be tweeting on and off throughout the event. My tweet address is @leebambertgc

Signing Off

It's been a long week, largely thanks to the early morning starts and long un-interrupted days, and now I am at close of business on Friday my eyeballs are swimming in my head telling me to eat something and rest somewhere. I have achieved what I wanted to do which was to get the terrain editor part of the main software, and as a bonus I have cleaned up great swathes of code in the process too.  Let's hope I remember it all on my return!  

3 comments:

  1. Nice work lee,thank you.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. "thanks to my painstaking diligence of preparing the modules ahead of time for seamless integration, it dropped in smooth as silk"

    Great work!!

    "I am flying out to San Francisco for the Intel Developer Forum conference on Sunday..."

    Have a good time! You deserve a short, 2-day break-

    "...and not returning for a whole week"

    WHAT?! NO! BAD LEE!

    Haha just kidding ;) Have a really well-deserved break away from Reloaded :D

    "my eyeballs are swimming in my head"

    lol ew :P

    "you are welcome to join me for a beer or two"

    If only I could....I mean, I'm 18 and all, but it's a mighty long drive from Australia to San Fran.

    ReplyDelete